Friday, August 12, 2011

Devon: An Introduction - "Oh, we better hurry, I think that's our boat to hell."

There is a lot of thought that goes into introducing yourself in a blog, or anything with a chance of gaining some kind of- sort of readership. Even just having your work seen online is a terrifying thing to jump into. No matter how one does it, they seem to always regret it. So, without further adieu, lets screw up my introduction. My name is Devon, I like writing and movies. Now, you see that title? That's a line from TEKKEN: The Motion Picture, and, dear lord, it is god damn hilarious (Mwahaha, I have distracted you from my contrived introduction). It pains me to think that, at some point, someone sat down and typed out those words (forget that it was probably badly translated japanese for a moment). Now obviously, you could give it some context, and it could probably be decent right? The characters are indeed boarding a boat leading to a corporations hidden island headquarters to compete in a... secret fighting tournament for the control of that same corporation because... nope. Didn't work. That line is just awful. You see, (and here's where i hopefully tie it all together) writing is something that I love doing, whether it be the ideas, editing, or actual writing involved in the process, and at no point do I ever want to be in that guys shoes, writing a direct to DVD anime based on a video game franchise, and just giving up, typing out something like that. Something like "Thats a lotta fish" or ”You know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.” That's why I'm here. I'm gonna review movies, not just to recommend some of them, to ward people away from others, or even to try and make people laugh. I'm here to make sure that when I write some awful, putrid line, I'll know to stop, take a look at whatever i'm writing, and think; "well now, that's just stupid". I hope to get tonnes of feedback, especially while I find my style.Thanks, and i hope you all enjoy my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?